Skip to main content

Reflection #1

 During the first week of this class we focused a lot on the different types of assessments. I did not know there were different ones before this class. I thought all assessments were just the big tests like the PSSA and the Keystone. We not only focused on what the types were but why we use assessments. As I mentioned before I thought they were just those big tests but now I know they are much more and they are so important. They are very helpful for both the student and the teacher. The assessments help us be able to know where to place them on the curriculum or for the next grade. The kids get so much out of them since they will be getting the proper help they need since we would be able to get a good idea of what they needed by assessing them. My plan is to be a special education teacher and I will be using both the formal and informal assessments all the time to make sure I am giving the students everything they need from me to help them learn and get good grades. Also since I want to do special education I can also have outsiders come in and do some assessments to see where they are at in another way like the physical therapist, occupational therapist, etc. 


Assessments: Different Types, Importance, & More

Comments

  1. Maddie, I like how you wrote your reflection by what you previously knew about the topic and how that has evolved. Also, I like how you mentioned the student also being assessed by special services. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment